Most of us use a standalone application to create a presentation no matter what we do; from a school kid to a head wig of an billion dollar company uses presentations as slides.
Now with the latest evolvement of the gadgets we don’t need a single place to store or access our documents, presentations, sheets and so on. The Cloud storage popped in so we can have all our important documents on a cloud and access it on the go. There are various cloud storage providers to store our documents and there are online applications which are used to access these documents on the go either on a handheld device or a primitive personal computer connected to an internet. One of such powerful cloud storage and applications from Google is Google Drive and Google Docs, Sheets and Slides.
Few days back Google announced that we will be able to access the Slides offline. So we will be able to Create, Edit, Update and present it without a live internet. This comes handy when there is an internet outage or the times when you are travelling and don’t have an internet connection. Previously the offline mode was available for the Docs but now this has been made available to the Slides.
How to set up google drive offline?
To make Slides available for offline mode you have to follow the steps:
If you have already enabled Offline mode for the Docs then you may skip the below steps, if you haven’t enabled Offline mode before follow the below steps.
- On the left hand side of the screen click on More.
- Click on Offline Docs.
- As shown in the image two steps need to be followed.
- Under Enable offline editing section click Enable Offline button.
- After clicking Enable Offline button click on Get the app button under Install the Drive Chrome web app section.
- You will be redirected to Chrome Web Store.
- Click on Add to Chrome in the top right corner of the browser to install the app.
- Once it is installed you can go back to the Google drive and access your Docs, Slides.
- Tada! It’s all set! Happy editing offline!
Google is working on an Offline option for Sheets. So, we will have them available in offline mode in the upcoming months.